Many of you are probably wondering how the first week back at work went! It actually went quite well. I wasn't nearly as emotional the first day as I thought I would be. I did a "practice run" on Monday morning (we were off for Columbus Day) to test the timing, etc. The biggest difference on Tuesday morning was all the bags I need to take with me!! Diaper bag (loaded with bottles), work bag, lunch bag, and breast pump bag. Whew, that was an event just getting to the car. Dropping her off at Estella's at 7:30 was ok because Maddie was almost back asleep and I just left her in her car seat. So, no long goodbye or cuddling, which was better. Funny, I didn't cry leaving her, but I got in my car and Jay had left a super sweet voicemail, which DID make me cry! :)
All week Maddie did very well at Estella's. I feel so good leaving her there. She genuinely cares about her and really enjoys having her around. Not to mention Mia and Franchesca, the two 4-year old girls that think Maddie is their new baby sister. Too cute!! They love playing with her and trade-off turns to "tickle" her, smile at her, or just give her her pacifier. So fun!! Yesterday, Franchesca asked me as I was leaving, "Miss Jessica, when Maddie comes back, can I read her my favorite book?" Awww, just awesome. I also started taking a "daily log" spreadsheet for Estella to fill out all of Maddie's activities, feedings, diapers, etc throughout the day. This saves her from remembering everything at the end of the day and also helps us know what went on during the day.
Regarding work, everything is fine. I had been keeping up with emails on my Blackberry most of the time I was out - so that wasn't too bad. I actually didn't feel as overwhelmed as expected, but staying focused after about 2pm is hard!! Hopefully Maddie will start sleeping even longer soon and then my stamina will be built back up for using my brain all day! :)
Until Monday, I am loving being at home with my family for the weekend!!
Saturday, October 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment