How old is Ellery?

baby

How old is Madison?

baby

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Hospital Tour and other thoughts

Last night Jay and I took the official tour of Seton Medical Center where Madison will be born, which is in Central Austin. Even though my doctor is in South Austin, close to where we live, she only delivers at this hospital because they have 24 hr. anesthesia and the best NICU in town (the intensive care for newborns, if didn't get the abbreviation right). We have taken Lamaze class at a hospital close to our house and received a tour there as part of the class, but last night was so much better! I think partly because we knew this is where we were going to be, but also our tour guide was awesome! She has been a L&D nurse for 19 years at this hospital and still loves her job. Her enthusiasm was contagious and very inviting. The LDR room was so nice! I was glad to see things like a rocking chair and birthing ball as standard in the rooms. The postpartum rooms were quite a bit smaller, especially when the cot is rolled out for dad and baby's crib in there - but it will get the job done. Jay and I both left the hospital very excited and somewhat relieved that whenever the day comes to make that trip, we will know what to do. Now I just need to finish packing that bag........

In other news, it is still pouring. Folks, this is incredible. I am sitting here typing and the rain is running so fast off our roof, it's creating a waterfall. Smokie is staring very confused out the window - you'd think rain would not be so confusing to her anymore! I mean, it's been raining all summer. Yesterday was entertaining regarding the rain. I was in San Antonio for work and met the storm head-on. It was intense thunder, lightening, pouring rain, etc. Turns out that storm was moving North. So...it stayed with me all day as I drove back to Austin and virtually lasted all night! However, I must say the silver lining of all this rain is the temperatures. It has been in the 80s most of the summer, which is a total blessing when it is normally over 100 degrees! Oh yeah, and our new sod is growing like a champ.

This week marks 35 weeks! Hard to believe there is only 5 weeks (supposedly) left. I am feeling nauseous again, similar to first trimester. Apparently this is normal, but not such a welcomed event among the other aches and sleepless nights. But, the end is in sight and I am very thankful to have had a relatively easy pregnancy all along. Staying busy still helps me feel the best, contrary to what my mind may say, and drinking lots of water and little snacks. Jay is doing well - he had a crown put on on Monday and has been in some pretty intense mouth pain ever since, but I think it's getting better today. So, that is the scoop from the Wampler's as I know it today. Adios!

No comments: