How old is Ellery?

baby

How old is Madison?

baby

Monday, August 13, 2007

Welcome Madison Grace Wampler!











As we came home from work on Friday, we had many plans for our weekend - including mowing the grass, cleaning the house, grocery shopping, and other fun activities. However, God and Madison had other plans! Around midnight I thought my water had broken so I called my OB's office. The nurse asked several questions and informed us that we should head to the hospital. At this point I had experienced some mild contractions and back pain. Jay and I gathered the rest of our belongings, pausing just a moment to feed Smokie our cat. We arrived at the hospital around 1:30am Saturday morning. After a full exam, turns out my water had not broken but I was 4-5 cm dialated! The doctor exclamed, we're having a baby tonight and shook Jay's hand!! Wow - what awe and excitment. For the next couple of hours I experienced intense back pain and increasing contractions. About 4:30am I decided to have an epidural......ah, relief! I couldn't feel my legs, but still had a sensation of pressure to know when I was contracting. By 6:15am the doctor had not returned to examine me, so the nurse did instead......to our surprise, 10 cm dialated!!! The baby was COMING!! Jay and Emily (our nurse) quickly got the room in order and set up the bed for birth. They each held a leg and helped me do 2 practice pushes to ensure I knew what to do. At this point, we could already see Maidson's hair! Emily called Dr. Bushart and said we were ready to go. As he came in to prepare his table of supplies, I felt another contraction and could see in the mirror that Madison was pushing her way out on her own! I turned to Jay and said "I'm not pushing and she's coming out!" Just in time, Dr. Bushart turned around and caught her head in his hand (like a baseball catcher) and the rest of her body slipped out through the end of the contraction. What!?!?! No pushing!!! It was so surreal to all of a sudden have a baby on my chest. Jay quickly cut the cord and we were instantly parents!


Madison Grace Wampler was born at 6:46 am August 11, 2007, weighing 6 lbs 15 oz. and 19.25 inches long.


Here are some of the pictures we took from our 2 days in the hospital. Check out her beautiful black hair! :) We are now home and settling in quite nicely.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mom, Dad, and Madison,

CONGRATULATIONS to all of you!!

Madison, you are beautiful!

We have had a great time with Haleigh. She is 7 months old today which is unbelievable. I got to spend a week in Wheelersburg by myself in July as Kristy had a volleyball camp from 9-5.

Hopefully the sleepless nights won't last very long. Haleigh will still wake up once in a while in the middle of the night.

Love to all of you. Barb and Jack Graham

Anonymous said...

Dear proud parents!!

Congrats! She's absolutely gorgeous. Jays' face says it all! Love it, love it. Can't wait to meet her in person. We're planning to bring you dinner soon.

Love,

Ben, Sanne & the girls

Anonymous said...

Hello Happy New Family!

Ray and I are thrilled for all of you, and wish you nothing but the best. As grandparents of 3 girls, we heartily approve of little girls, and think they are God's most treasured gift to a grandparent. Nan and Keith will love everything she does, and never tire of hearing themselves called Grandma and Grandpa. Bless you all.

Ray and Kathie Killeen

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I know you are enjoying every moment with your precious girl and I can't wait to hear updates! She shares a birthday with a great man, my husband :) And what a story of her birth - amazing - glad the doc was there to catch her!!

Best Wishes,
Ginny Inscore

Sharleen Walter said...

She is sooo beautiful!! Definitely has movie Star qualities!! Look at all that gorgeous hair!!! Thank you soo much for sharing. I love you three tons, Please give her a big kiss from me!!! -Sharleen

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jay and Jess on the birth of your beautiful Madison. She is a doll!!
And she was so anxious to get out and meet you and begin life on her own - all probably very good signs :-)
Enjoy these precious days ahead. May your future together be filled with fun and fulfillment and many, many blessings.
All the best to you three!

With love,
Jenny Young and Michele Matto

Anonymous said...

hey jess jay and madison,

I just wanted to know if this was this cool when i was born. and congrats.


Come see us


Morgan

Anonymous said...

hey guys me again love how you took these pictures



Morgan

Anonymous said...

Congratulations guys! We could not be any happier for you both. We know you both will make AMAZING parents, Madison is a very lucky girl to have you both as parents! We love you!

Love,
Sara & Dave Nakon

Unknown said...

You guys did good! She is beautiful! Congratulations!!!!

Tammy said...

She's beautiful!
Congrats! Jessica, you look to good to have just had a baby!

We're so happy for you both. What a sweet gift from the Lord.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to All the Wamplers,

What a happy surprise! Madison is truly a beautiful baby. What a head of hair! I know a fantastic hairdresser 0:) We'll be in touch from Austin.
Love to all,
Don and Sue Christian

jennifer said...

what an absolutly beautiful baby!!!! i so wish i could be rocking her but im sure grandma & grandpa will do lots of that real soon. tell madison her great aunt jennifer loves her very much and cannot wait to meet her. i got your lovely thank you card yesterday so sorry about all the trouble.
love to all 3 of you
aunt jennifer

Anne Frank said...

Yay! What great news! And such a great delivery story. We'll keep praying for you guys :).

Love,
Chris, Anne & Cole

Unknown said...

Jess,

I am so stoked for you and Jay. She looks beautiful and healthy. Praise the Lord for Madison. I will be out of phone connection for the till Sunday and then i will call. I can wait to hear how you guys are doing.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE MADISON! Tim and I are so happy for you guys. I can't wait to meet her. Post more pics when you get a chance, she is just gorgeous! - Lori

Anonymous said...

Dear Jessica, Jay and Madison:
Oh she is so beautiful and your story is so great! As I am on bed rest hoping to have a good experience like you all- I was able to check out your blog. I love it! Sam and I are so excited for you! Congrats! I look forward to catching up with you soon and getting all the tips of being new parents so we are a little more prepared.

Love,
Sam and Jill Snavley