In the past 3 or 4 days Maddie's crying has gotten more frequent and lasting throughout the day AND night. In fact, yesterday she screamed for exactly an hour following each feeding. She has also started to spit up puddles at a time. This is not the same calm, laid-back baby we brought home from the hospital and I just had a hunch something more than colic was occurring!
After a conversation with a work colleague who has a 6 month old with reflux and some research online, I decided to call the doctor for an appointment.
YES, in fact she does have reflux and there's medicine to help her!! Praise God. The doc said she would still spit up some, but the medicine would help the burning in her esophagus/tummy and thus end the screaming from pain. I have given her one dose already - so I am hopeful we'll see results this afternoon.
For your daily picture dose - here's a pic I took of us after I gave her a bath.


No comments:
Post a Comment