How old is Ellery?

baby

How old is Madison?

baby

Monday, September 03, 2007

3 Weeks Old --- And Colic






As a new father there are many awe inspiring moments - such as watching your wife immediately mother a newborn, having in-laws clean your house, finding yourself changing diapers and smiling!?!


However, I must say that colic breaks my heart. Hearing Madison cry and cry and cry....and according to healthcare professionals and countless others with parental knowledge there is no cure...just time.


So last evening Madison, Jessica, and I piled into my car at 11:30 to drive Maddie around the block. It worked....for a short time. As Jess & I laid back down to sleep ----- wailing commenced again (mind you we have already tried everything that had worked every other evening).


SO now at MIDNIGHT we re-pile back into the car and this time I drove all over South Austin for 45 minutes. Priceless. We get back home with Madison asleep. We lay down.....wailing again. Unbelievable are our immediate thoughts.


Nonetheless it was a long night at our house - learning to be a new family, but we wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: