How old is Ellery?

baby

How old is Madison?

baby

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Growing up.....so fast!

Jay & I continue to marvel at how quickly Madison seems to be changing....especially the last few weeks!  I know every parent has these moments where it just hits you that your child can now do "that", or says "that", or just simply looks older.  Maddie is really beginning to look like a little girl and less like a baby!  She babbles ALL the time with such conviction and voice inflection that it's certainly a real conversation, we just can't understand what she's saying!  She points at things as she talks about them though, so sometimes we get the gist.
She is loving her new walking toy and pushes it all around our house.  At first she pushed it straight into things, now she is learning how to turn!  She even stood by herself for a bit on Sunday, unsupported.
She is starting to learn how to be funny and knows if she touches mom or dad's feet, we laugh and giggle because its ticklish!  It is so cute to watch her laugh at herself and with us! :)
She has completely ditched the bottle and also given up milk before bed.  I give her 6 oz with dinner and she is good to go until morning!!  I am amazed that there was no transition for either of these things.  She snuggles in the rocker with me and her bunny for a few minutes, I lay her down awake and she puts herself right to sleep.  EASY!  She is also getting tons of play and learning at her new daycare so she is pretty tuckered out for bedtime!  Yippe!

No comments: